Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm not Holding my Breath

So, as I stated a couple weeks ago, the West Los Angeles VA home has opened and since Dad is only number 13 on the list, we are hoping for the move to happen soon.  Unfortunately when I called for an update last week, I was told that they are going to stop at #10 because they need to hire more staff.  
It was all I could do to keep it together on the phone.  Who knows how long this newest hiccup can set us back.  I let the woman know (again) that Dad has a high financial need and that this whole situation sounds like really bad news.  By the end of the conversation, she assured me that they were already starting the hiring process.  She also said that since he is number 13, that he will hopefully be moving in within a month or so.  (That sounds naively optimistic to me).  I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment