Tuesday, October 23, 2012

5 days away...

We are five days away from the Long Beach "Walk to End Alzheimer's" and team UpsidetoDementia has surpassed it's goal of raising $5000!  $5150 raised so far and 25 team members signed up!  It's our biggest group yet!  In addition to being a team captain with my Sister, I am also the co-chair for the walk and will be MC'ing the entire event on Saturday.

Our fundraiser at a local restaurant called McKenna's on the Bay was a huge success and we raised about $950 for the team.  Donations have been pouring in from all over... Family members, Friends and Facebook Friends, OneHope Wine employees, my Mom's Bunco and Bible Study groups.  I even have friends who are asking their classmates or family members to help out as well.  THANK YOU to everyone for their support and donations!


This pictures is from our fundraiser.  More pictures and details to come after the walk!  And, we will have a grand total of money raised as well!  It feels good to fight the good fight.  

p.s.  Not a peep from Dad since he got back from the Psych Ward.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is awesome. My sister and I co-captain our team, Pop's Parade here in Minnesota. We made just over $4000 this year with 8 members. We are going for $5000 next year! I like your restaurant fundraising idea. I am going to work to come up with ideas like that here for us! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete