Sunday, January 25, 2015

To Blake... the Best Dad I Know

With less than a month to go before baby boy Hardin arrives, I feel compelled to share a few thoughts about the best father I know - my husband, Blake.

Now that both our Dads are gone, Blake is the only father figure in our kids' lives and of course the actual Father.  Our Dads made a lot of mistakes (let's face it, no one's perfect), but the good news is, we turned out all right, life goes on, and we get to learn valuable life lessons from those men.  Blake gets to be the kind of Dad that mine never was and he gets to follow through like his never did.

Many would say that's a lot of pressure on someone. Not for Blake. He was born to be a Dad and I think he would tell you it's the best and most important job he's ever had and will ever have.

I love how our children come first in his life. How every night when he comes home, he drops everything and tosses Emry in the air. They embrace and kiss and embrace and kiss again, and then she sits there cheek-to-cheek with him, a huge smile on her face, and an iron grip around his neck.  Eventually she leads him off down the hallway to go find the cat.  He would even eat dinner with her in his lap if I didn't say that she needs to understand some boundaries.  I love that he asks her what she dreams about each morning as he goes into bed to cuddle with her.  (These days she dreams about coins).  And how he has already instilled in her a love for numbers - she counts up and counts down and even adds fingers together.

In less than a month our baby boy will be here and he couldn't be more lucky to have Blake as his Dad.  They will have a loving relationship, they will respect each other, our boy will look up to him, and Blake will be proud of him. Whether our child decides to play drums in the school band, join the debate team, play American football, or best-case scenario, become a kick-ass soccer player (real futbol!), I know his Dad will be the first to support him.

And here's the kicker:  Blake won't really realize it but by being an amazing Dad and most importantly an amazing husband, he will be giving our son the greatest gift. Our son will know what it is to be a good man.  And that's the simple truth right there.  The best part?  I get to be a part of it all.

Three weeks from now is Valentine's Day and there's a very good chance we will be in the hospital meeting our little boy. So, I would like to say Happy Valentine's Day to my husband Blake. Thank you for picking me, for always doing your best, and for giving me such happiness. Our family is blessed to have you.

I can't wait to meet our Son!






1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS. You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.... 

    ReplyDelete