Thursday, October 24, 2013

We Walk the Walk

Long Beach's 3rd annual 'Walk to End Alzheimer's' was a huge success.  As the co-chair for the walk, I can announce that the walk exceeded all it's goals, attendance grew enormously, and we even had Congressman Alan Lowenthal share a few words about his dedication to this cause. 

On a personal note, our team surpassed our goal from last year and ended up raising $6165.00!!!  Even more amazing is that our team consisted of 20 people this year!  Thank you to everyone who came out to walk with us and support this important cause.  I can't tell you how much it means to my family.  I actually stood at the finish line with tears in my eyes as I watched all the walkers because I could feel how blessed we are to have the support and love of our friends and family.

Below is a picture of our wonderful team... I don't think we got a picture with all 20 of us, but this will do.  Oh, and a picture of me with the Congressman. 




No comments:

Post a Comment