Friday, March 18, 2011

Anxious Phone Calls

Hmmmm. Two anxious phone calls in two days from Dad. And he didn't sound very coherent. He wants to get out and when I would say anything he just thought I was agreeing with him that he should get out. No, Dad, we don't agree. Please stay put and we'll come visit you. Anyway, managed to calm him down a bit and I think Megan will be visiting him tomorrow.

I thought to myself, wow, I used to be so good at negotiating with him on the phone and trying to cheer him up, how did I do it? I'm a little rusty, I have to say.

It almost seems like something at Whittier Place has upset him. Sometimes a new resident or staff member will do that do him and the staff doesn't think it's anything worth mentioning (which is understandable), so I guess we better investigate because he hasn't acted this way in months.

On a side note... Whittier Place has booked The Sassy Songbirds to perform on Father's Day Weekend!!! The activities directors saw us perform today at a showcase and booked us on the spot! Of course, it will be extra special since my Dad is in the audience. To visit The Sassy Songbird Blog and stay updated, click on the link to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment