Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vacation from Dad

Most days I do have something better to do than to take 2 hours out of my day to hang out with Dad. I'm annoyed. It's just how I feel today. I spent half my day in the car and if I didn't have to go to Whittier, I could have gotten a lot more done (whiny, I know). I am leaving for vacation on Saturday which means two things...
1. I have a million things to do before then.
2. I had to visit Dad today cause neither of us can go the next 4 days.

As I said before, he tries to run away when he hasn't seen his daughters for a few days. The deal was that they won't raise his monthly rate if Megan and I visit a lot more. I know this is temporary and, for the moment, better than going through the moving process again. On the other hand, it's frustrating. Rearranging schedules just to go visit him and reassure him that we haven't forgotten him.
Moving my Dad closer to us was supposed to be great because then we could visit him once a week (where in Fallbrook is was once a month if that). We definitely didn't expect 4 times a week.
All I can say is that I've deserved my Vacation! See you next week Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment